Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Lord, what a mornting!

June 6th -


Woke up at 6am to Ashley’s phone alarm and my phone alarm going off. Her alarm is "Just Wanna Say" by Israel Houghton and mine is some classical sounding song that came with my phone. We both pressed snooze. A little bit later Ashley's went off, then mine went off, then Ashley’s, then mine and so on...finally one of us got up – Ashley. I lay in bed wondering why my stomach was so messed up, recounting what I ate yesterday. Hmm let’s see, salad with chicken and uh, salad with chicken. I also had about 10 baked sweet potato fries. I went back to sleep hoping to feel better, but thinking I would have to take a sick day. Woke up at 8:30 still feeling sick, but thinking it would be too hard to explain what had to be done from home, so I got up and got ready.


Leaving the house I made some English Breakfast tea to take with me and started to walk out the door, then I came back remembering I was going for a walk after work and needed some other clothes. So, after grabbing those clothes I set off toward the parking garage. Now, I don’t like to walk through the building to the elevator to the garage, instead I take a short cut and go down the steps and go to a little lock box to open the garage gate with my key. It’s a balancing act what with my overstuffed purse, laptop in my laptop bag (with a few other things in it), thermos of tea, shorts and shirt and tennis shoes with socks. I turn the key in the lock and the gate opens, I walk in and then stop instantly. I realize I haven’t parked in the garage..I’ve parked on the street. For our apartment, we have 2 parking spaces for 3 people so we often we are trying to honour each other by leaving a space open, but sometimes only 1 or none of us park there..usually we text each other, but if we don’t this is what happens. Last night only 1 of us parked there. :)


So now, realizing I have to walk to my car, I re-position my things and head to my car..as I walk I remember I’ve forgotten all the food I bought from the night before..ahhh! So I get in my car, drive up to my place, run upstairs get my bag full o’ food and run back down again. As I drive, all is well, I’m praying, ready to get to work. I take a drink of my tea and I realize apparently the seal is broken as it trickles out of the top and onto my white shirt. Ahhh good times! All I could do was laugh, and laugh hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment