Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tucson Time! (from May)

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed being home. I was a little worried last Monday as it was a rough day. I envisioned the week being awful and my vacation being a cry fest. I mean, what the mess? It's amazing how we can let our imaginations go wild on the negative side. Instead of thinking I'd be laughing, resting, reading, having fun, smiling all the time, I thought I'd be crying out in prayer for God to deliver me. And all this based on a few rough hours last Monday. Give me a break!

Thankfully God shook me and reminded me I'm more than an over-comer. I'm not a survivor, I'm not just getting by, I'm thriving. So no matter what's going on, I have reason to hope in God.

So fast forward to Wednesday, it was a lovely, lovely day. Then Thursday I got to record some background vocals for a new artist at a studio in Glendale and then I was on my way to AZ. I love driving and this time the 7 hours seemed to fly by. After a brief visit with long time friends in the Phoenix area, I made it to Tucson without a hitch!

Friday was quite restful - no deadlines, no phone calls to make, nothing to take care of... just a chance to sleep and let myself recharge. How delightful!  I've always loved the 'safe' and 'no obligation' feeling of being at my parents' home. I remember coming home from college and just sleeping for a couple days, as my brother did when he came home Saturday morning.

But back to Friday night, my parents (it was really my mom's doing, but my dad did NOT intervene) forced me to watch Puss n Boots with Christopher Walken and Volcano. I cannot explain just how awful each of these movies were. Don't watch them, just take my word for it. 

The best part of the trip was spending time watching Netflix with my mom and watching my Dad work on my car to repair the pulley on the automatic windows and of course playing games.

Sunday afternoon was when the real fun began. My brother and I got a new game called "Quelf." Everytime we played it we had so much fun and laughed so hard...the kind of laughter that makes you almost wet yourself and sweat profusely. One of the best moments was when none of us could use the words "turn, roll, go" and when we said my brother's name, David, he had to reply with some crazy phrase and everytime it was my turn he had to make up a cheer for me, and I had a tie around my neck and couldn't use my arms, and my mom was speaking in baby language and my dad suddenly gets up and starts stomping his foot and sang a made up square dancing song.  Hilarious!  I leave you with what my brother said on his blog:

It's actually an amazingly fun game and probably the best game we've played as a family. I had laughed so hard and so much during the games that afterwards I had a seriously horrible sore throat. I can only imagine how they felt because they laughed just as much as me from all the fun. In fact, it was so much fun my desire to win was overpowered by just having all that fun and family love.

No comments:

Post a Comment