Monday, May 3, 2010

7 Things to be Thankful For

This morning I started the day thinking of 7 things to be thankful for:

1. My Life - Thank you God for the ability to get up out of bed and walk around and sing and live.
2. Horseback Riding - something I love and miss - got to ride today for the first time in a while.
3. Eternal Life - Thankful to know where I'm going! Jesus is amazing.
4. My Parents - A friend remarked yesterday how great it was that I got along with my parents so well. He said it definitely wasn't that way for everyone. I never really thought about it, but it's so amazing to be able to come home for a week and get along and have fun with my parents. Yesterday after church my dad started singing some crazy song "Oh dey, yum, de come dey.." then I started singing "She'll be comin' round the mountain" and all 3 of us sang several choruses before we erupted in laughter. And, they sat through Return to Oz with me, something several of my so called friends won't do. (hmph)...that's love.
5. The Holy Spirit - If I ask Him to give me peace, comfort, wisdom, direction - He does. It's incredible.
6. Duke - my parents dog. Now, I'm not a huge dog lover, but who can resist a sweet pet who just wants to love. I've enjoyed his company.
7. Thankful no one has asked to see my papers while in AZ. Enough Said.

No comments:

Post a Comment